Sunday, July 24, 2016

Shopping

  1. Rice
  2. Tomato sauce
  3. tea
  4. yogurt
  5. nuts
  6. raisins
  7. black beans
  8. mushrooms
  9. onions
  10. peppers
  11. beer
  12. wine
  13. froz fruit
I heard the pitterpatter of the rain on the corrigated roof.

I was going to be here for a while. I had all the items that did not refrigeration, and had not collected the yogurt or frozen fruit.

I thought back to a similar rain storm in Kampala. I was playing Clarence Darrow on a boda-boda. I was in the wrong supermarket, as then as the rains poured down in a percussive beat. I called Suzi Analogue to try to share the beat with her, to no avail. The rain would delay their freedom a bit longer.


The thunder crashed as the waitress placed my Bailey's-tinted cappuccino in front of me, and a pan chocolate. I was going to be here a while. The Bailey's-infused cappuccino came with a chocolate-covered coffee bean as garnish. The rain pattered down as I dipped the pan chocolate in the Bailey's-infused cappuccino as I waited for the storm to pass.

No comments: