Friday, August 08, 2014

The Peace of Paris; The Peace of Athens

Sitting out in the twilight of the evening on my deck, I am finding peace that I haven't had since Paris.

There is not much I need, just a lil studio space; a European capital that is tolerant enough to let me enjoy a beer on the street in the sun's setting light; a small kitchen with a hotplate to let me cook a pot of lentils with red onions, zucchini, green peppers and mushrooms--simmering in cheap red wine; cheap red wine to drink in the night's purple resplendence.

This is the first time in a while where I had space to read, and write, and think. And Athens, like Paris, loves its thinkers and romantics.  I may stay put and skip the island-hopping for now.

And the beauty of this Peace of Athens is that I can finally put my Peace of Paris in perspective.  I really haven't had the right space to put my Hemingway days of Paris into perspective until now.

This is the first time I have had my own space really to me in just about a year.  It really doesn't take much for me to be happy or find peace...

No comments: