Friday, August 23, 2013

Le Service

An interesting article on service in France.  Merci, JB.  The article is slightly inane in implying that Paris needs to do more to inject life into its tourism sector, given that Paris was only the number one travel destination in the world...

Fwiw, I have found the service in Paris to be surprisingly warm and friendly.  Sure, it can be a bit indifferent- as it should be.  I prefer that to the faux obsequiousness of  American waiters and waitresses who are forced to grovel for tips because they aren't paid a living wage.  But generally, I have found plenty of genial wait staff and clerks, who meet my smile with a smile.

I would have added such comments to the WSJ article, but they required me to sign up for a subscription if I wanted to make my views known.  No thanks...

No comments: