Saturday, January 19, 2013

V-AMA Day II

Yesterday ended the American Music Abroad 2013-2014 application season.  As the application dust is settling, it looks like we will have roughly 300 applications this year.  That just about matches last year's figure.


Last year was shock and awe as the apps poured in; this year is contentment that we can show that it was not a fluke, and that we were able to do so while handling two grants at once (ie- do two jobs, with barely any additional assistance).  Last year, I really only had one job: outreach recruitment; this year was real juggling of tasks.


While I didn't reach my goal of 500 applications, mitigating factors existed like the fact I was gone for 6 weeks in Central Asia during the prime period of the recruiting season and my outreach marching orders to my fellow staffers were basically disregarded.  So, as it stands, I am pleased that we were able to match last year's numbers, and we will have an incredible class of AMA musical ambassadors for 2013-2014.



No comments: