Wednesday, January 09, 2013

A very merry unbirthday to me

A very merry unbirthday to me today, but yesterday the other day was one of the best birthdays I have had in a while. Big thanks to all the peeps near and far for the bday wishes!

For my birthday lunch, Harry and I went out to Rami's Falafel for lunch. I hadn't been there in close to a decade but it was exactly the same.  Just as tasty too!  Perfect example of Israeli falafel.  The owner Rami gave me some birthday cheer and said I looked younger than 33.  He stated that if you feel young in your heart then you will remain so.

After lunch, Harry and I then went down to the Prudential Center to drink arbor gold at the sky bar.  Skip the observation deck, we went 2 floors higher to the bar.  The sun light poured through our chardonnay glasses and bathed the city in effulgence.

 Afterwards, we went to Chinatown and got shampoo scalp massages. I think the masseuse took a liking to Harry.  And I kept the bday tradition going of getting shorn.  I will post a pic of my sans hair in due time.

And on to the candlepin bowling party, which was lotsa fun.  A whole fascinating crew of bowlers drawn from all over my days.  Dellas, Yearcoursers, former diplomats and a girl I met hiking in volcanos in Java.  As Lord Jon Snow said, "only you would bring together such a bunch."

The night ended at the Burren, with an Irish band playing me a celtic version of "Happy Bday."

No comments: