Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bombing Iraq...with Breakdance

Ah, the media.  I have been in-touch with many a news outlet about American Voices YES Academy in Iraq, so it wasn't like the media doesn't know such business is taking place.  Some have been receptive, and I should get some good coverage yet the vast majority I got nothing from.  It seems the only news the media like to report from Iraq is this kind: bombings.  Maybe I should have made my press releases titled: "American Voices Bombs Iraq with Breakdance" and I would have had more traction. 


To the contacts I had been in-touch with from various stations who didn't respond, I sent them their links of their coverage of the recent bombings asking "wouldn't it be nice to get a different kind of story coming out of Iraq?"  

No comments: