Monday, December 26, 2011

Leaving Limbo

From Mount Pleasant, the tree branches framed the cathedral on the hill.  Dead, desiccated branch spires wove around the cathedral's masts in a perfect frame.  Don Pablo Quijote hath finally broken free from his suburban shackles and left limbo; I have a new residence in DC, in the Mt. Pleasant barrio.  Luv my new Salvadorean neighbors.

The return to La Mancha lingered on far longer than was expected.  Poor Alfonso Quijano was feeling hemmed in as if his adventures had been flights of fancy.  But a change of scenery should do this knight errant well.  It's interesting that I have finally brought something into fruition that I once thought I wanted; now, I have the capacity to fully judge that thought to see if it was just a nice idea at a different place and time, or is a real bona fide thought.  Or perhaps the Christmas notion to that thought: it doesn't matter where you are, you can find the kingdom of heaven everywhere.




No comments: