Friday, November 04, 2011

New Undersec for PD

A while back I asked a reductio ad absurdum question about the Undersec for PD position, but I am pleased to retract my snark with the new appointment of Tara Sonenshine for the position.  I met Tara a few months back on the morning before she went on sabbatical.  She was kind enough to give me a tour of the beautiful Moshe Safdie-designed USIP building and we had coffee in the atrium.  We had a great chat about public diplomacy, and the people-to-people side that remains so utterly important.  So FWIW, this Undersec for PD for the Vinick State Dept is going to put his kosher/halal stamp on the appointment, because she gets PD.

PS: Thanks to @sarahbmyers for digging up Sonenshine's PD recs to McHale to help back up my PD seal of approval.


No comments: