Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Tiger's Tail cont

I have been watching with some interest as India starts reaching out in Southeast and East Asia. I wrote a blog about it before (India and the String of Pearls). More recently, India has been reaching out to Japan for trade and investment. I'm hoping to see these efforts accompanied by public diplomacy outreach in cultural diplomacy and exchange. But perhaps that is what this forum is for, to push such things.

Meanwhile, I am wondering about Indian-Filipino public diplomacy. I was in Cebu and saw a lot of Indians in the business district where there are a lot of IT projects and call centers. I'm curious if anyone in the network knows of specific Indian public diplomacy outreach to the Philippines. It is an interesting country for India and could be a good country for Indian pd. Maybe some call center exchange programs?

No comments: